What is moist wound healing?
How can moist wound healing support faster and more beautiful healing?
Covering a wound with a moist wound healing product creates an ideal wound climate which will...
- Enable most favourable conditions for wound closure (epithelization), the formation of new tissue and the immune system.
- Let the healing process remain undisturbed and ensure faster healing.
- Prevent scab formation to optimize cell migration and reduce the likelihood of scarring.
1. Optimization of the wound healing process
Moist wound therapy helps to create and maintain optimal conditions for wound healing and cell growth. The wound exudate acts as a transport medium for many bioactive molecules that ensure new tissue to form coordinately. Cells will grow, divide and migrate at an increased rate to optimize the wound healing process.
2. Faster healing
Clinical studies prove that the wound healing process is faster in a moist wound environment. As optimum wound conditions are created, the pace of cell growth and the formation of new tissue is increased. This speeds up wound healing by up to 50%*!
3. Prevention of scarring leading to improved cosmetic results
In a moist environment scabs are prevented, which inhibit the formation of new tissue. If wounds heal without scabs and the wound healing process remains undisturbed, the likelihood of scarring is decreased which leads to improved cosmetic results.
*Agren MS et al. Occlusion versus air exposure on full-thickness biopsy wounds.
Journal of Wound Care; 2001, Vol.10, No. 8: 301-304