* Compared to an untreated wound
Wound Healing Ointment
Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment
For faster, more effective recovery — treat your skin with Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment. It supports and speeds up the natural healing of minor superficial wounds like cuts, abrasions and scratches, as well as minor burns. It can be used at any stage of the healing process on superficial open wounds and damaged skin. The ointment can be combined with Elastoplast standard bandages, such as Fabric, SensitiveTM and Plastic.
- This gentle formula is very skin-friendly and dermatologically tested**. It’s suitable for babies, children and sensitive skin.
- Free of colorants, fragrances, preservatives and animal-derived substances.
How to Use
|Product :||Wound Healing Ointment||Type:||Quantity:||50g|
1. How does Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment work?Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment supports the healing of minor superficial wounds like cuts, abrasions, scratches, and minor burns by building a breathable protective film that prevents the wound from drying out. This creates optimal moist wound healing conditions, which promotes the natural healing process of the skin and can reduce the risk of scarring.
2. Does Elastoplast wound healing ointment contain animal-derived substances?No. We’re happy to tell you that Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment is free of fragrances, colorants, preservatives and animal-derived substances.
3. How should I use Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment?Carefully apply a thin film of Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment one to two times per day. For hygiene reasons, make sure the opening of the tube does not get in contact with your wound or other surfaces. Repeat regularly until the wound is completely healed. Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment can be used at any stage of the healing process. If necessary, cover the wound with an Elastoplast bandage, dressing or compress. Keep things clean by changing your bandages, dressings or compresses daily unless recommended otherwise by your doctor.
4. What should I do if my wound shows signs of infection?You should always consult a doctor if wounds are large with heavy exudate or signs of infection This is also the case if redness, swelling or pain develops at the wound area, the condition gets worse or the wound healing process does not start within a few days. If there’s any doubt, see a doctor.
5. How long can the Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment be stored after opening?You can use the Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment for up to 6 months after opening.
6. Can the Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment be used on babies and children?
Yes. The Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment is suitable for use on babies and children.
For detailed application advice please see patient information leaflet.