Aqua Protect BandagesTM
Ideal for washing, showering, bathing and swimmingWrite your review
- 100% waterproof
- Extra strong adhesion
- Non-stick wound pad
- Non-stick woundpad
- Transparent backing
- Strong adhesive - offers a high level of protection, making these bandages ideal for washing, showering, bathing and swimming.
Important: A minor wound will soon stop bleeding. If it continues, apply more gauze pads, keep pressure on the wound and seek medical advice.
Next, it’s important to protect the wound from external influences like dirt and bacteria to enable undisturbed healing. Cover your wound with the Elastoplast bandage that best suits your needs. Change the bandage daily unless you’ve been recommended to do otherwise by your doctor.
Aqua Protect 40 Strips (one size)
25 x 65 mm
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. How often should I change my bandage?
- Usually, it is recommended to change Standard First Aid Dressings daily due to hygienic reasons.
- 2. Is it better to let small wounds dry at the fresh air instead of putting on a bandage?
It is one of the wound care myths that keeping minor cuts and grazes uncovered and let air to them helps them to heal faster. The contrary is true! Research shows that covered wounds heal more efficiently and have a reduced risk of infection. Elastoplast products provide protection until the wound is completely healed.
- 3. When should I consult a doctor?
We recommend contacting a medical professional under the following circumstances:
- if the wound is deep and causing major bleeding
- if the wound shows signs of infection such as redness, warmth, pain and swelling
- if there are embedded foreign objects in it
- in case of animal or human bites
- if the wound is in the area of the face
- if there is insufficient tetanus vaccination
and of course always when you have questions or are uncertain.
- 4. What if my wound gets infected and suppurates?
- You should contact a medical professional if you recognize signs of infection. This is not only the occurrence of pus but also swelling, redness, heat, pain, itching or burning. In case of infection the wound will need medical care and special medical treatment.
- 5. Which bandage should I use for my sensitive skin?
- If you have very sensitive skin we recommend using the Elastoplast Sensitive or Elastoplast Sensitive Kids products. These bandages are especially developed for sensitive skin and are very skin friendly and hypoallergenic.
- 6. Which Elastoplast bandages are waterproof and water resistant?
- The Elastoplast Aqua Protect bandages are waterproof and will not go off while washing or showering. The Elastoplast Fabric range is water repellent. The material keeps water on the surface where it beads off. All Elastoplast Plastic bandages are water resistant.